If there was a dish to throw guilty pleasures out the window, this Vegan Green Nachos would be it. I mean since when do we have the the colour of anti-inflammatory smothered all over one of our favourite guilty pleasures? Well you know Im all about changing the game 😉
What I love, apart from the clean flavors, is the nourishing crunch you get from every bite. I mean take a look at the images! The colour alone is just so inviting 🙂
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
As mentioned the green goodness found in the sauce prevents inflammation. It also is full of fibrous immune boosting vitamins that aid in digestion and nutritional absorption. Who would have thought a Vegan Nachos Recipe would be so awesome! Swapping the dairy for more a plant base alternative can not only be beneficial to those who are lactose in tolerant. I personally can tolerate dairy and still have it every now and then, however dairy products can contain more acidity meaning your kidneys end up having to get rid of most of the nutrients when you go to the bathroom.
Too much acidity means your body has to balance out the bodies blood levels, meaning anything acidic and everything that it contains has to go.. This is why I use a lot of coconut milk or almond milk in my cooking. I always go unsweetened and when it comes to brands that comes down to taste. I generally go for whatever has the highest content of almonds as they are therefore less watered down and more deliciously nutty, one for example is So Good. For me these guys are always on point.
Vegan Nachos Recipe
2 Green Capsicum
2 Cups Spinach
1/4 cup Coriander
Vegan Cauliflower Cheese
1 1/2 Cups Cauliflower,
3/4 Cup Almond Milk (or Coconut Milk)
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Turmeric
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Juice of half a Lemon
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1 Can of Black Beans
Bag of Quinoa Chips
1 Sliced Jalepeno
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Wrap the garlic in foil with a little olive oil and place in oven to roast for 15-20 minutes or until jammy.
- Combine all the green sauce ingredients, starting with the onion, into a Vitamix or blender and blitz until smooth, set aside.
- Add Cauliflower, and milk to a saucepan on high heat. Bring to a boil and turn heat to low to poach for 5-8 minutes or until soft.
- Drain cauliflower reserving liquid and add to a Vitamix or blender with the turmeric, garlic powder, roasted garlic, juice salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth.
- Pour in reserved liquid, a little at a time, until you reach desired free ribbon consistency
- To serve layer down quinoa chips followed by green sauce, sprinkle with black beans, drizzle over cheese.
You may also like…