By keeping the bone in with the chicken, not only do you get the existing quality fats for your brain and cholesterol levels, but a much richer flavour!!! The broth that you make can be stored in the freezer for use in other tasty dishes, just portion the
- 6 Chicken Bone-in thighs, Fat Trimmed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 3 Garlic, cloves, grated
- 1 Long Red Chilli
- 1 Bay leaf
- Juice of half a lemon
- Brown Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 Cups Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Kale #Standard, washed and shredded (you can use another lettuce like leaf if you prefer)
- In a large pot add the chicken, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and bay leaf, cover with 10 cups of water, bring to a boil then cover with lid and turn heat to low to allow to simmer for 3 hours
- Remove chicken to a board discarding the bones, keeping meat whole. Drain the broth into a large bowl discarding the solids and pour the broth back into the pot.
- In a bowl cover the vermicelli noodles with cold water for 20 minutes.
- Bring the broth back to a boil on medium heat and add the mushrooms, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste, and add the chicken back in to keep warm
- Separate the noodles and kale evenly among those wicked soup bowls ladle over the broth and using a slotted spoon top with mushrooms and chunky tasty chicken… then have a spoon and fork or chopsticks ready… along with your pjs, but know your still doing wonders for your waist line yewwwww!!!