Hey my friends! I know we are all looking forward to that healthy start in 2017. Here is a Low Carb dinner option that is full of protein and immune boosting coconut milk that is perfect for that workout nightly meal. The good fats in the coconut milk and peanuts also work to promote fat loss themselves, now thats some lean wins 😀 … You also won’t believe what I used for sweetener 🙂
Watch the video Below
Did you know our stomach has a relationship with our brain like no other? Next to the brain it has the most amount of nerves and receptors so it is important to make sure what is going through it is not only looking after it, but providing the necessary foundations to build on its immune responses
I caught up with my good friend Dr Steven Lin, a Dentist, who is releasing a book that speaks volumes about the relationship between our dental health, food intake and how it is related to the stomach. So today I have taken some key ingredients that he is about to create this wickedly delicious South East Asian Dish that will make those messages between the brain and the body circulating efficiently and for your teeth to be smiling with shear happiness all day long. Thank heavens for good fats!!! You can slow cook the Short Rib in advance and have it tenderized and ready for you liking.
For more on the specifics of the ingredients we are working with today check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
Skill level: Medium
1 Tbsp Grapeseed/Rice Brain oil
2 Short Rib pieces, (bone on or off)
1L Beef Stock/Broth
1 1/2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
2 tsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Turmeric
1 Tbsp Banana
Juice of half a lemon
Greens of your choice
- In a large stock pot on medium-high heat add your oil and sear the short ribs on each side for 3-4 minutes or until caramelized, remove to a plate.
- Deglaze the pot initially with 1/2 cup of the beef stock, scraping the bottom to get out all that meaty flavour (take advantage of all that goodness)
- Add remaining stock the pan along with the short ribs and turn heat to high. Bring to a boil. Then turn heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 6-8 hours or until meat separates really easily to touch, but can still slightly hold its shape. Set aside, or put in fridge for future use
- For the sauce, combine ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth then add to a frypan on low heat to reduce to a thick sauce.
- Add in the greens of your choice and to serve place your Short Rib in a bowl before pouring the sauce with eat greens over the top